Description | Records of Doctor Edwards' and Bishop Kings' Charity: Fulham Branch
The charity arose from bequests in the wills of Doctor Edwards, Chancellor to the Bishop of London, in 1618, and John King, Bishop of London, in 1620, to invest in land for the benefit of the poor of the parish of Fulham, which included Hammersmith. The rents and profits of the estate were divided between Fulham and Hammersmith each side administered by trustees. By a scheme of 1903 the joint estates of the whole charity were apportioned between the two branches. |